Saturday, March 2, 2013

Workin Man

I officially got hired this week.  Minimum wage job, but at this point it's nothing to scoff at.  I was holding out for a position at Wells Fargo, a collector.  Basically calling people up and trying to get them to pay their overdrafts.  Unfortunately, it looks like they are going in another direction, whatever I didn't really want to travel an hour to get to work anyway.

This other job is much closer and the hours are better so that's where it's at.  Only problem is the pay, barely enough to live on.  It is however significantly more than what I am making now, which is nothing.  At least I'll have enough to go out from time to time and really start to get into Portland.  There is a lot to do here and I want to do it, not just try and get by.  I do have to shave everyday for this job, not cool.

It will be kind of weird working again it has been a while since my last regular job, almost 4 months.  It is seriously gonna cut into my internet trolling, not to mention the amount of time I have for working out.  I have been working out a ton since moving here.  I'm taking about 3 boxing classes a week, plus two weight lifting sessions and a H.I.I.T session.  Best shape I've been in since HS.  I think I can keep up my workout regimen, but it's gonna be tough.

Anyway, thought I'd flash you guys a bit of an update on what I've been up to.  Not that there is anyone out there reading this, but hopefully some day.  Gonna split for now, but I'll be back, unlike the first incarnation of this blog.  Originally a travel blog started when I was in Hawaii, over two years ago.  I thought about deleting those old posts, but it's important not to forget where you come from right?  I'm gonna be posting up a bit of everything on here; my attempts to cook, workouts, random rants, new music I find, maybe even some writing if I can get my shit together.  In short a bit of everything from the life of a regular guy in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment